In this episode of “Oh My Health…There Is Hope!” podcast Jana talks to Dr. Staci Whitman. She’s a graduate of the Institute of Integrative Health where she earned her International Certificate in Health and Lifestyle Coaching. Aside from Health Coaching, Doctor Staci is a Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist in Portland, OR where she offers a whole-body, holistic, and functional approach to her patient care. Her passion is to educate people to feel empowered over their own well-being and she believes diet is the key to overall health. By finding the root causes of disease, she is better able to make holistic recommendations to help guide you and your family to optimal health!
“My biggest goal with a child is not necessarily their tooth and the filling and what they need dentally, but it’s more ‘what is their experience going to be like here?'”
During this 20 minute episode Jana + Dr. Staci Whitman talk about:
- Avoiding the uncomfortable feeling children experience at the dentist
- When is it time to introduce your children to the dentist?
- Holistic vs. Functional dentistry
- The teeth and mouth are connected to your immune system, so you need to look at the body as a whole
- The importance of your baby teeth and oral health
- Are cavities preventable?
Learn more about Staci:
Music by: Amy Gerhartz, www.amygerhartz.com